Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil improve a number of cardiovascular risk factors, including lowering atherosclerotic burden, reducing triglyceride levels and blood pressure, and improving platelet and vascular function.
EPA and DHA are also essential to the resolution of inflammatory processes as well as tissue repair, by providing the substrates for anti-inflammatory prostaglandins, resolvins, and protectins. These essential fatty acids are incorporated into membrane phospholipids, affecting cellular membrane organization, ion permeability, intracellular signaling, gene expression, and the activity of membrane-associated proteins.
Purified fish oils are free of many contaminants, such as heavy metals and PCBs, which continue to be a growing problem associated with the consumption of fish.
- Optimal 2:1 ratio EPA to DHA
- The pharmaceutical grade omega-3 blend is the only fish oil in the world to have achieved the highest USP standard verifying the quality and consistency of the fish oil
- Stringent quality control standards ensure that this highly purified fish oil concentrate is free from lipid peroxides and environmental pollutants, including heavy metals, pesticides, dioxins, PCBs, and other harmful compounds
- Omega-3 fish oil is sourced from wild anchovies, sardines, and/or mackerel, one of the best natural sources of EPA and DHA •Harvested through sustainable fishing practices
- These small fish are less likely to be exposed to toxins because they are short
- lived, and low on the food chain
- Wild fish are superior to farmed fish as they not only have more omega-3s, but
- contain less saturated fat and no hormone residues
- Highly bioavailable softgel
Serving Size: 1 softgel Servings Per Container: 180 Amount Per Serving: Calories 10 Total Fat 1 g -Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g Cholesterol 5 mg Fish Oil Concentrate 1,170 mg -(Molecularly Distilled, Ultra-Purified) (Anchovy, sardine and/or mackerel) -Omega-3 Fatty Acids 630 mg --Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 400 mg --Docosahaxaenoic Acid (DHA) 200 mg Other Ingredients: Enteripure Softgel capsule (gelatin, glycerin, purified water, pectin) natural vitamin E. Product contains no: artificial preservatives, colors or sweeteners; no dairy, gluten, wheat or yeast.
Individuals with an allergy to fish or seafood should use caution, though fish oil is rarely allergenic. Both benefit and risk from fish oil has been documented for those at risk of or being treated for cardiac arrhythmias, with close supervision indicated. Pregnant and nursing women are often advised to consume a minimum of 300 mg DHA per day, and although DHA is recognized as essential to neurological development, no dosage recommendations have been made for children or infants. If pregnant or nursing, consult healthcare practitioner before using this product. Keep out of reach of children.