A shelf-stable, proprietary blend of two strains providing 500 million viable cells per capsule - perfect for someone just getting started with probiotics.
- L.acidophilus (La-14) has demonstrated strong resistance to stomach acid, as well as to the pH found in the intestinal tract. This allows it to effectively bind to the cells of the intestinal tract and help support their function.†
- L.acidophilus produces lactic acid, a chemical that helps keep pathogenic bacteria from colonizing and multiplying within the intestinal tract.†
- L.acidophilus also produces lactase enzymes along with vitamin K and substances that help minimize the growth of pathogenic bacteria i.e. bacteriocin and lactocidin.†
- L.bulgaricus (Lb-64) has many health benefits. It is a transient strain as it moves through the different sections of the small and large intestine.†
- L.bulgaricus (Lb-64) helps to support normal peristalsis (wave-like muscular contractions of the intestinal lining) which helps encourage regular bowel movements. L. bulgaricus also helps support normal digestion and absorption of nutrients and the detoxification of pathogenic substances.†