Vitamin D, often called the “sunshine vitamin”, is really a hormone that has been categorized as a vitamin. Only a few foods naturally contain vitamin D, including fatty fish and cod liver oil. Fortified foods such as milk and cereal are the major dietary sources of vitamin D, but is estimated that 40% of the U.S. population is vitamin D deficient. Therefore, supplementing the diet with extra vitamin D is essential for optimal health.
- Contains vitamin D-3 (cholecalciferol), a highly bioavailable form of Vitamin D.
- Sourced from lanolin (a vegetarian source of Vitamin D).
- Providing 2000 IU per drop in a base of safflower oil, olive oil, and organic virgin coconut oil, with added vitamin E to maintain freshness and stability.
- Gluten free.
- Vitamin D is essential for calcium and phosphorus absorption and utilization.†
- Stimulates osteoblast (bone producing cell) activity, which helps maintain bone density and strength.†
- Stimulates the synthesis of osteocalcin, an important protein involved in bone formation.†
- Helps maintain adequate blood calcium levels which help support cellular metabolic processes, cardiovascular and neuromuscular/neurological functions.†
- Vitamin D is important for normal, healthy cell growth and function.†
- Helps support normal, healthy insulin secretion.†
- Vitamin D helps support healthy immune function.†