Did you know that more than 600 million plastic laundry containers are discarded in the USA each year? Nantucket Footprint laundry detergent strips are our answer to this massive ecological problem. Our laundry strips and packages are plastic-free and 100% biodegradable. Just put a strip in your washing machine as you would liquid detergent or a laundry pod. The strips are as effective as laundry pods and contain no water at all so they are very compact and lightweight. We have thoughtfully formulated our strips with ingredients of the lowest toxicity. They work with all types of machines including high-efficiency washers. Strips are Unscented.
At just 40 cents per load, we have made doing the right thing for Mother Nature an easy and affordable option!
SAFE& EARTH FRIENDLY INGREDIENTS: There are a lot of “green-washed” products out there. Nantucket Footprint is committed to not being among them. When we set out to make our cleaning formulas we decided to follow a few basic principles:
1. Full ingredient transparency Our ingredients are all disclosed on our packaging and more details can be found on our website – most household cleaners sold in the USA still don’t disclose ingredients and aren’t required to. We are committed to 100% ingredient transparency for all of our products.
2. “Cosmetic” quality ingredients There are no strict standards for cleaning product ingredients in the USA so we decided that all of our ingredients needed to not only be on the EPA’s safer choice list, but they must also have the lowest (safest) ratings on the EWG cosmetic database. In addition, none of our ingredients appear on the Suzuki “dirty dozen list” – Our thinking is that products used in your home should have ingredients that would be safe enough to use on your body (they of course aren’t intended for bodies – this was just our standard).
3. Free from harmful chemicals including those that are harmful to people or to the planet - Including Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, phosphates, phthalates, parabens artificial fragrances, triclosan, methylisothiazolinone, and benzisothiazolinone
NO ARTIFICIAL FRAGRANCES Artificial fragrances are a harmful source of household air pollution. When we formulated our products we decided to add just a hint of essential oils to them – they may smell lighter than many of the laundry products you are used to. We decided that this was important for creating a healthy clean with low toxicity. Our Chamomile Laundry Strips are scented only with steam-distilled essential oils.
KICKING SINGLE-USE PLASTIC TO THE CURB Each box of Nantucket Footprint Laundry Strips is a plastic jug or container that never had to be created or discarded! Our boxes are made from 100% biodegradable cardboard (even the child-resistant button).
With over 120 Million Households in the USA – Just imagine what an impact we can have together by eliminating the plastic from doing laundry!
SUPER EFFECTIVE We guarantee that you will find our laundry detergent strips as effective and easy to use as your current brand of detergent. Unlike soaps, including Castille soap, our detergent will not react with minerals in hard water to create buildup on your clothing. We are so confident you will love our detergent strips that If you are not 100% satisfied with our product and its effectiveness, let us know and we will send you a full refund.
TOTAL CONVENIENCE: Our concentrated cleaning strips come in a light and small package that takes up almost no shelf space – you will appreciate not having to lug heavy containers of detergent home from the store too!
WITH LITTLE FOOTPRINTS IN MIND We chose the Footprint of an endangered owl in the middle of our logo to represent our commitment to our brand ethos. Our goal is to be guided by the mindfulness of little footprints in everything we do:
● We are committed to making products that create the smallest possible ecological footprint and will always strive to improve this.
● We are committed to making products that are safe – including that we put them in child-safe packages so that children are not harmed by eating concentrated cleaning ingredients (there are over 350 hospital admissions in the USA per day from kids eating things like dishwasher and laundry pods)
● We are committed to donating a portion of our profits to environmental organizations that protect oceans and work to combat climate change - we are mindful that the most humble creatures with the smallest footprints are impacted every day by the choices we all make.