Controller / Finance Director
GREEN LINE APOTHECARY is hiring a Corporate Controller / Finance Director to manage the accounting practice and lead the financial strategy for its family of companies.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, data-driven, and forward-thinking accounting expert to oversee all internal financial operations. This unique opportunity involves both strategic planning and day-to-day accounting in our fast-growing start-up environment. Working on both established and emerging businesses in the Green Line Apothecary portfolio, the Controller will be presented with vigorous growth potential.
· Reporting directly to the President/COO, manage the company's accounting operations including but not limited to bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax filings, and reconciliations
· Establish and maintain formal accounting policies and systems for the company
· Implement a timely and high-quality monthly financial close and reporting process
· Prepare monthly financial reports to be presented to company leadership, including profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow analysis, and other reports as requested
· Monitor accounts receivable and track third-party payer insurance reimbursements
· Manage accounts payable, bill pay and vendor remittances
· Provide in-depth analysis of month to date and year to date P&L variances to budget and forecast
· Identify strategic financial metrics and consistently produce margin-increasing recommendations to company leadership
· Manage tax planning, tax functions, regulatory compliance and preparation of annual filings
· Maintain internal controls, ensure compliance, and follow GAAP
· 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably in Finance function for insurance reimbursement-based industry, i.e. pharmacy, medical, health care
· Pharmacy industry experience strongly preferred
· Current CPA certification preferred
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA preferred but not required.
· Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with an acute ability to execute on time
· Adept at articulating conclusions from financial data
· Excellent communicator with demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively communicate essential information with all levels of the organization
· Growth-oriented team player that shares in company success
· Expert computer skills, including Quickbooks Online or equivalent accounting software and MS Excel or equivalent spreadsheet program
Schedule and Location:
· Full-time, 40 hour per week schedule, with day/time flexibility
· Position to be based at Green Line Apothecary’s new Wakefield Rhode Island headquarters
· Competitive salary commensurate with experience
· Health, vision, and dental benefits
· 401k with company match
· Opportunity for personal and professional growth
About Green Line Apothecary:
What's old is new again. Founded in 2016 by pharmacist Christina Procaccianti, Green Line Apothecary is a fast-growing, independently-owned healthcare company that combines the nostalgic personalized service of vintage drugstores with the efficiency of modern pharmacy. Offering statewide prescription services from two retail locations in Rhode Island, Green Line is redefining the pharmacy experience with a return to the practice's roots.
The old-fashioned elegance of its brick-and-mortar stores - complete with vintage soda fountains and curated health & wellness product section - goes hand-in-hand with the full-service pharmacy's robust delivery infrastructure. Whether it is a sip of a hand-crafted soda or a medication delivered to your doorstep, Green Line has got just what the doctor ordered.
INFO@GREENLINEAPOTHECARY.COM TO APPLY